1 to extremes; "he went overboard to please his in-laws"
2 from on board a vessel into the water; "they dropped their garbage overboard"
- excessive; too much
- They really went overboard with the party preparations.
Overboard may refer to:
- Overboard – over the side of a ship or boat into the water, possibly needing rescue
- Go overboard (colloquial) – To go to an extreme, especially as a result of great enthusiasm
- Overboard (1987 film), a 1987 movie starring Goldie Hawn and Kurt Russell
- Overboard (comic strip), a comic strip about a group of pirates
- Overboard (computer game), a pirate-ship exploration computer game from Psygnosis
- Overboard (a cappella), an all-male a cappella group from New England